RNOTunes is a GUI based audio player application with support for many
different audio formats.
- Supports MP3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, AIFF, WAV, Protracker, DigiBooster,
SID, AHX, FastTracker II, ScreamTracker, OctaMED, The Player, NoisePacker,
ProRunner, Oktalyzer, Impulse Tracker, Ultra Tracker, Ice Tracker,
Liquid Tracker, Quadra Composer, and many other formats
- Configurable GUI with a cover image display
- Loads embedded cover images and other metadata from MP3, FLAC, and Ogg
- Built-in Last.fm scrobbler
- Lyrics display
- Tune properties editor which saves changes to a local database
- Internal playlists
- Import and export playlists from Jukebox, AMPlifier, etc
- Automatic/manual saving of the last session
- All time playcount saving
- Tune rating option
- Extensive file selection functionality
- File delete option
- ARexx, command line, and tooltypes support
- Copy the whole directory anywhere you want and just launch the program
- Audio files or directories can be dragged & dropped into the tune list.
- Clicking the album cover image thumbnail opens the image in a separate
- Internal playlists are much quicker to load than external playlists.
- Selected tunes can be added to the selected playlists by "Add to playlist"
menu item or with the Cmd-L keyboard shortcut.
- The "Edit properties" menu item (I) can be used to edit information of the
active tune. It can be used to add a custom cover image, rating value, or
override values obtained from the file. Relative volume compared to the
master volume can also be adjusted there.
Program settings can be found in the program's pull-down menu and they will be
saved to the ENVARC:Hollywood/com.wmhost.jpv.rnotunes file.
COMMAND LINE OPTIONS AND ICON TOOLTYPES
RNOTunes uses non-standard command line arguments. Arguments must be given
in the form of (note the "-" prefix): -argument parameter
RNOTunes [file] [arguments]
-add . . . . . . . . . - Adds a file/dir to the tune list.
-addplay . . . . . . . - Adds a file/dir to the tune list and plays it.
-playlist <name> . . . - Selects an internal playlist at startup.
-playlistfile <file> . - Imports an external playlist file at startup.
-defdir <dir> . . . . - Sets the default directory for adding new files.
-cxkey <key> . . . . . - Sets a hotkey to iconify/un-iconify the program.
RNOTunes Work:MP3/music.mp3 -add
RNOTunes -playlist MyPlaylist
The same arguments can be used as icon tooltypes, but by omitting the
CXKEY=ctrl alt r
Program's ARexx port is RNOTUNES and supported commands are:
PLAY . . . . . . . . . . . . - Toggles between play and pause.
NEXT . . . . . . . . . . . . - Plays the next tune.
PREV . . . . . . . . . . . . - Plays the previous tune.
VOLUME <0-100> . . . . . . . - Sets the volume between 0 and 100.
RANDOM <0|1> . . . . . . . . - Sets the random play mode on (1) or off (0).
SCROBBLE <0|1> . . . . . . . - Sets the Last.fm scrobbler on (1) or off (0).
REPEAT <list|tune|none> . . - Sets the repeat mode.
ADD <file|dir> . . . . . . . - Adds files or directories to the tune list.
REMOVEALL . . . . . . . . . - Removes all entries from the tune list.
ICONIFY <0|1> .. . . . . . . - Iconifies (1) or un-iconifies (0) the program.
QUIT . . . . . . . . . . . . - Quits the program.
GET <STATE|VOLUME|RANDOM| . - Returns the requested information. <column>
SCROBBLE|ICONIFY| can be any of the column names and it returns
FULLPATH|<column>> a corresponding value of the active tune.
RX "ADDRESS RNOTUNES;'ADD Work:Music/ExampleAlbum/'"
RX "OPTIONS RESULTS;ADDRESS RNOTUNES;GET Artist;SAY RESULT"
- Video presentation of RNOTunes: https://youtu.be/YNx7Axwhx1E
- Please visit https://jpv.amigaaa.com/ for screenshots, support, donations,
and other software.
- This program is made with Hollywood: https://www.hollywood-mal.com/
- Salvatore Abbate for the idea and support
- Neil Pearson for testing and proof-reading
- Konrad 'recedent' Czuba for default graphics
- Carlo 'AMIGASYSTEM' Spadoni for additional graphics and icons
- Densho/RNO for the logo
- Papiosaur for the French translation
This software is made available to you as Freeware and you may use this
software in whatever way you wish, but the author accepts no liability for
any damage caused to your system, other connected peripherals, or data files
in any way by using this software.
Please consider the time and effort I put in to create this utility for your
use and enjoyment. If you feel it is useful to you, please consider sending me
a PayPal donation that represents the benefit you gain from using it. The
donation can be sent to the email address quoted in this ReadMe.txt file
(Uploader) or click the Donate button shown on https://jpv.amigaaa.com