Aminet admins only: Use address from [Uploader] field to contact me
All others: Use the email address stated on my homepage www.toms-home.de
You want an audio player that really makes use of your high spec Amiga?
Here it is!
AmigaAMP is a GUI based audio player using various built in and loadable
decoding engines. Playback is done through the AHI audio system.
Supported formats and decoders
MP2, MP3 amp built in
AIFF, WAV, 8SVX sndfile built in
FLAC flac built in
OGG ogg vorbis built in
M4A mp4ff/faad2 faad.library needed
MOD, S3M, XM modplug built in
various TNPlug TuneNet plugins
Please note that M4A-DASH files directly recorded from youtube streams
can not be played! However, they can be converted into regular M4A files
ffmpeg -i Downloaded_File.m4a -vcodec copy -acodec copy Playable_File.m4a
About TuneNet plugins
AmigaAMP supports TuneNet plugins in its own Plugins folder. When opening
a file the built in decoders will be tried first. If none of them matches
the file format then all TuneNet plugins in the Plugins folder will be
Since support for sndfile, flac, ogg and modplug is built in, it doesn't
make sense to have the corresponding TNPlugs installed in the Plugin
folder. They'll will never be used and just slow down the loading process.
If a plugin can't be loaded for whatever reason a requester will pop up
when starting AmigaAMP. To get rid of this requester you have to fix the
plugin or delete it.
If a plugin crashes, don't blame me! :)
This software is provided 'as is' free of charge. No ads, no toolbars,
no subscriptions required! If you like it - use it. If you don't like it -
use something else. :-)
AmigaOS 4.1 or higher
AHI audio system
faad.library for M4A playback (faad_library.lha package from OS4Depot)
Differences between AmigaAMP2 and AmigaAMP3
Feature list | V2 | V3/PPC | V3/68k
680x0 support | X | | X
PPC/WarpUP support | X | | X
PPC/PowerUP support | X | | X
PPC/AmigaOS4 support | X | X | X
Fully AmigaOS4 native | | X |
| | |
MHI support | X | | X
Prelude/MPEGIT support | X | |
mpega.library support | X | | X
faad.library support | | X |
| | |
MPEG audio (MP2/MP3) | X | X | X
Uncompressed PCM (AIFF/WAV) | X | X |
FLAC support | | X |
OGG support | | X |
M4A support | | X |
MOD/S3M/XM/IT support | | X |
| | |
Fast EQ for MP2/MP3 only | X | X | X
Generic EQ (all filetypes) | | X |
| | |
Visualisation plugins | X | X | X
TuneNet plugins | | X |
3.24 - Completely reworked shoutcast streaming code.
- Fixed handling of empty ID3v2 comment fields.
- Fixed drawing of skinned equalizer "AUTO" gadget.
But it doesn't do anything. :-)
- Localized some more strings.
- Fixed older OS4 version compatibility.
- Fixed buffer overflow in MPEG reading routine.
- Fixed redrawing current time display when changing skins.
- Fixed background fill in playlist time display for spaces.
- Refined ID3v2 tag reading and added ID3v2.2 support.
- Fixed updating changed config file.
- Changed layout of info window, added more fields.
- ESC key now also closes the info and the prefs window.
3.23 - Fixed handling of application.library messages.
- Fixed potential crash when rescanning skins or plugins.
- Fixed handling of brackets in file names from command line.
- Added support for COMM field in ID3v2 tags.
- Fixed major bug in playlist clearing routine causing memory corruption.
3.22 - Added URLIdentifier and Description to RegisterApplication().
- Show requester when ReAction classes can't be opened.
- Fixed broken plugin menu in ReAction mode after rescanning.
- Added support for multimedia keys.
- Updated spanish catalog.
- Adapted code for AmigaOS 4.1 FE SDK 53.30.
- Added full path to current file to streaminfo/trackinfo structure
so that plugins can make use of it.
- Fixed greyed out menus for info and playlist.
- Fixed bug when loading skins with missing equalizer and playlist
3.21 - Replaced connection popup window with info in
title bar (reaction) or info line (skin mode).
- ReAction: Added iconify gadget to main window.
- Fixed long filename handling.
- Set default for "Show TagEditor" to FALSE.
If this setting doesn't exist in the prefs file then
info window will not be shown.
- 68k: Fixed internal memory overflow when calculating plugin data.
- "Engine" part of amigaamp.prefs is now compatible with AmigaAMP2.
- 68k: Changed visualisation routine to support high resolution
3.20 - OS4/PPC Version: Added AAC streaming support.
- OS3/68k Version: Fixed AHI reopen leak which led to lockups
after playing some files in a row.
- Fixed crash when trying to change buffer sizes on the fly.
This feature is no longer available, AmigaAMP has to be restarted.
3.19 - Fixed window position saving bug.
- Fixed DIRECTORY ToolType.
- Extended support for BufferSize=File to more file types.
3.18 - Fixed infinite loop when updating prefs while AmigaAMP is running.
3.17 - Added proper 10s timeout to shoutcast connection routine.
- Fixed buttons in main window if no button images could be loaded.
- Fixed column widths in playlist window.
- Localized ReAction Playlist and EQ windows.
- Changed volume button size.
- Changed playlist to show stream titles instead of stream URLs.
- Moved Info/Equalizer/Playlist menu items from Project- to Window-menu.
- Added AREXX commands for playlist: CLEAR, SELECT and REMOVE.
3.16 - Fixed rejecting unsupported AAC streams.
- Fixed rejecting damaged MP3 files which contain HTML code
instead of audio data.
- ReAction: Added mute button, fixed menu deallocation bug.
- Fixed restarting playback when selecting "Play" from the menu.
- Fixed screen title of main-, equalizer- and playlist-window.
- Dynamically enabling/disabling Prev/Next menu items.
- Added ReAction Equalizer.
- Added "Previous"/"Next" menu entries.
- Improved playlist keyboard navigation.
- Fixed handling of UTF-8 strings in shoutcast header.
- Implemented workaround for ID3v2 tags which are marked to be
ISO-8859-1 but are in fact ISO-8859-5 or similar.
- Fixed long string leftover bug in tag reading routine.
- Fixed UTF-8 support for reading OGG files.
- Fixed scanning of stream length (=-1) from M3U files.
- Fixed truncated genre display for shoutcast streams.
3.15 - Fixed disabled string gadgets in info window.
- Unlock pubscreen when iconified.
- Fixed AREXX open/add commands to work with playlists.
- Changed playlist loading code to always accept headerless
playlists when their extension is (.pls|.m3u|.playlist).
- Completely revised charset conversion routines resulting
in much better UTF8 support.
- Revised plain M3U playlist loading, now also works via HTTP.
- Fixed time display of long tracks in skinned playlist window,
added time display to reaction playlist window.
- Added automatic reconnect for shoutcast streaming
if connection was lost.
3.14 - Completely revised PLS and M3U loading routines.
- Allow loading a headerless playlist if it's
opened as a single file via CLI, Eject or Drag&Drop.
- Updated italian catalog.
- Remember Info window position.
- Added new iconset by TommySammy.
3.13 - Fixed some more playlist/directory handling bugs.
- Fixed cover drawing and uniconifying of tag editor window.
- Added pattern matching filter to modplug loader.
- "Autoplay file" now also works for dragging files
on the playlist window.
- Dragging directories on AmigaAMP's AmiDock icon now works.
- Switched play list handling to saving and loading
WinAMP style .pls files.
- Revised window depth arrangement and alignment code
- Updated WinAMP5 skin.
- Use mouse wheel in equalizer window to move sliders.
- Fixed clearing of comment field when opening
MP3 file without comment.
- Fixed format display in main ReAction window.
- Fixed initial playlist display in ReAction window.
- Renamed info win to just "Info" because it
can't edit tags any more.
3.12 - Fixed bad last minute bug in cleanup routine
(this is why 3.11 was never released).
Auto depth-arrange attached windows in skinned mode.
Revised window dragging routine in skinned mode.
3.11 - Added cover display.
- Added "FilePath" config option.
- Changed loading of whole directories to
pattern matching files only.
- Big internal code change, switched unskinned
main- and playlist-window to ReAction.
3.10 - Fixed loading of skins that don't have
an eqmain or pledit bitmap.
3.9 - Revised handling of wsz skins.
- Fixed AppIcon position handling.
- Fixed UTF8 conversion in FLAC metadata.
- Automatically sort files alphabetically when loading directories.
- Added new skin and iconsets by DjNick, TommySammy and Samo79.
3.8 - Automatically load whole directory if no specific file is selected.
- Fixed crash when shuffling playlist while playing.
- Fixed bug which left files open after unsuccessful playback.
- Updated catalog files.
- Fixed handling of brackets in directory names.
3.7 - Added TuneNet Plugin support.
- Now using faad.library instead of built in AAC decoder.
- Fixed automatic opening of playlist window in ReAction GUI mode.
3.6 - Added new GET... AREXX commands.
- Fixed picky streaming sanity check.
- Fixed 'disabled' status for tag editor Save/Clear-buttons.
- Fixed crash when quitting AmigaAMP while visualization is stopped.
3.5 - Added Rec option, changed URL requester to ReAction.
- Fixed tag editor layout.
- Added MOD support through libmodplug.
- Improved playlist scanning.
- Added region.txt support for skins.
- Fixed opening/closing Eq/Playlist when changing prefs
while AmigaAMP is running.
3.4 - Added localization.
- Switched about window and tag editor to ReAction.
- Changed pitch step setting to 1/4 semitone (w/o SHIFT)
or 1/16 semitone (w/ SHIFT).
- Fixed HTTP redirection when requested file is a playlist.
- Prevent playlists from being scanned for tags.
- Fixed loading of skin colours (e.g. playlist background).
- Added M4A support. Play your iTunes music!
3.3 - Fixed default analyzer colours for built in base skin.
- Added "<Default>" file pattern option.
- Added AsyncIO support to libsndfile reading routine.
- Tag info window title now shows full path.
- Only the first instance of AmigaAMP will load the
- Included new prefs editor.
3.2 - Removed QUIET ToolType, added SKINPROGRESS instead.
- Reverted to loading skins and plugins from PROGDIR: by default.
- Added unicode support to ID3v2.3, added basic ID3v2.4 support.
- Fixed DSI error when starting AmigaAMP in skin mode but not all
elements could be loaded.
- Added OGG support.
- Implemented loading base skin from memory.
- Changed "shuffle" to "random play" behaviour.
3.1 - Fixed AREXX interface for OPEN and ADD.
- Fixed opening files by clicking on their default icon.
- Improved playlist navigation via keyboard.
- Fixed mouse button handling routine.
3.0 - Initial AmigaOS4 release.
This version DOES NOT fully replace AmigaAMP 2. It's a successor with
some new features added and some old legacy code removed. It only
supports AHI for playback. All decoders are built in, so there's no
"External Engine" any more.
The Record function will automatically record any shoutcast/icecast
stream when switched on. It will create files in the directory specified
as "Rec Path". It can be switched on or off at any time. It will NOT record
normal files, just shoutcast/icecast internet streams.
Sorry, no further documentation at the moment. Just play around with it
a little bit -- I'm sure you'll figure out what it does.
Fraunhofer IIS and THOMSON multimedia grant a free license to use
their MPEG Layer-3 audio compression technology for this kind