Please check (again) for any bugs (you've already reported)
and let me know when you encounter any.
* Color textures are not yet visible in fast display mode.
* Older versions of CGFX do not show text with the add-text tool
and do not display fast display modes, please update your CGFX
system if you encounter this.
Version 1.03b: 15-12'99
* fixed a bug in the install script
* wrong path for tabs.gadget fixed
Version 1.03: 2-8 '99
* Bevel smooth near the left of the canvas would give incorrect
* Color Texture Object/Background select gadget would always be
'Object' after changing the screenmode.
* Save image could result in a software failure on PPC version.
* New object will reset inverted mask
* Inverted mask would be saved inverted
* Pressing okay in addtext window no longer keeps the displayed text,
you need to click apply first. This is to avoid confusion.
* Cancel button in addtext window removed, it didn't function
properly, pressing close button will now rescan the mask also.
* Addtext now works in inverted mode; inverted text is added.
* Fixed nasty cyberguard hit caused by initializing non-existant
* Window update is a lot faster now, especially with opaque move
the backdrop window refresh flags were wrong.
* When moving the lightsource, shadow position would reset
as the mousepointer left the window.
* Environment map and Metal effect could have wrong colors
in them after being refined.
* Color texture would not be refined after moving.
* Move gadget of bumpmap window would stay checked after switching
between object and background.
* Switching to custom bumpmap type from other types, while custom
bumpmap was already loaded, would not show the custom bumpmap.
* Texture apply would be un-ghosted when switching between object
* Addtext would lock up if font was not found.
* In pathprefs, paths not ending in a colon should end in a slash,
the slash is now automatically added when a path is changed.
* Addtext's font requester temporarily changes the fonts: assign to
redirect asl fontrequester's hardcoded fontpath to the path in
pathprefs. As this gave problems with multi-assigns, you can now
either blank the fontpath or enter 'fonts:' to force addtext to
leave the fonts: assign alone.
* Selecting a path in pathprefs could give garbage as path in the
asl requester, now it uses the last setting.
* When saving a truecolor picture, buffers would always be allocated
for PPC, even in the 68K version, but deallocated correctly.
(yeah, I know, I couldn't believe it either, I will go and kick
* Trying to load a maskfile with more than 256 colors would crash
the program, now you will get an error message instead.
* When you save a project, which has an unsaved mask (made with
Addtext for instance) and you check the maskpath option, an ASL
requester will appear after the project ASL requester, allowing
you to save the mask.
* Lowest line of anti-aliased text in addtext was not antialiased.
* Realtime envmap scaling was not repeating right with negative
* Unitialized data caused CFPro to crash on 68K when color texture
window was open by default.
* Canvas sizes wider than 1024 pixels would crash Candy.
* Added more bevelboxes for extra GUI clarity.
* Gadgets are now smaller, to prepare for font-sensitivity, give
more space at the screen and allow for the bevel-boxes.
* Gadgets re-arranged to allow for localized strings.
* CFPro is now fully localized.
* Texture repeat would be wrong when using negative positions.
* Background color now white on startup and shading set to
'normal' for object and background, to avoid confusion for
* MotionStudios' PPC loaders locked up with CFPro. The new
loader with this version work okay.
* Windows were not auto-activated when opened
* Fast display with truecolor realtime would not update glow
and shadow right.
* Fixed more ugly palette transitions between realtime and
* When there is no mask, operations needing one will not be
Version 1.02: 24-11 '98
* Memory overwrite bug in clear image fixed
* Clear image now remembers applied effects
* Shading refine + envmap + bumpmap gave wrong results
* Vertical repeat bug in envmapping fixed
* Some more ugly palette changes fixed in 8bit screenmodes
* >248 color auto renders messed up screen palette
* Backdrop window now activated on screen open
* Background color texture was not displayed after load.
* Bumpmaps and Color Textures would not move right simultaniously
* Added ghosting to bumpmap window, type selection now is faster
Version 1.01: 19-11 '98
* New project size width constricted to multiples of
16 pixels fixes problems with rendering, saving images
and truecolor 8bit mode.
* Mask loader faster and should work with Picasso '96 now.
* Light and bevel window bevelboxes fixed for PPC version,
should fix PPC lockups.
* Texture was rendered more often than needed, fixed.
* Render image window gadgets would be ghosted after
saving truecolor image, fixed.