aview-1.2.001 - aalib based picture viewer
------------- - --------------------------
aview is an high quality ascii-art image(pnm) browser and
animation(fli/flc) player usefull especially with lynx browser.
- dos (VGA + MDA)
+ stdio, curses
- not available in this build
+ available in this build
o High quality ascii art rendering
o Save into many formats (html, text, ansi, more/less etc...)
o Contrast, Bright, Gamma control
o Image zooming/unzooming
o Three dithering modes
o Hidden "bonus" features :)
o Support for bright, dim, inverse attributes/extended character set
- see 'screens/' for quick overview
- weird memory trashes were not caused by the 'mulib' 68040.library
and 'Muredox' as i thought, these were undetectable stack overflows.
(PLEASE DELETE THE PREVIOUS PACKAGE FROM YOUR DRIVE AND DONT USE IT!)
- this version uses highly optimized math functions, that are single
precision(double precision are slower and there is no point using
them just for rendering, no difference in the generated screens
- there is also stack checking built in, however read the 'STACK.amiga'
to see when it works perfect, besides that this version is much safier
to your OS! if there will be too less stack proggy will dump
'Segmentation fault' and quit. Minimum stack that should be set
before starting is 75000 bytes.
- to view pictures in popular formats(JPG,GIF,PNG,ILBM,BMP...) u need
'netpbm' package installed in '/usr/bin/' or 'C:', Aminet version
is just perfect: http://aminet.net/gfx/pbm/netpbm-10.12.lha,
additionally use 'asciiview' it is a simple arexx wrapper that
supports 5 formats mentioned in the bracket.
BTW: when using 'aview' through 'asciiview' you do not need to set
stack, the script will do this internally.
- this thing requires 'ixemul.library' 48+, 1 meg+ of memory,
68020+ with 68881/68882 and terminfo entry defined in a shell
variable 'TERM'(terminfo entries included.)
- additionally for better visibility use included 'fonts/',
to open KingCON console with particular font, type this:
> newcli "KCON:0/0/1024/768/[`GET
process`]AmigaSHELL/CLOSE/FONTnanopaz.6/NOREVIEW" > newcli
- added 68040 versions(the default are for 68020+).
assign usr: usr
assign c: bin/ add
asciiview <picture.JPG|GIF|PNG|BMP|ILBM> [options]
set TERM amiga
assign usr: usr
bin/aview [options] <filename.p[ngbp]m>
catch me at: megaczusa.com