MUIbase (Magic data BASE with User Interface) is a relational, programmable
database with graphical user interface for Windows, Mac, Linux and Amiga.
MUIbase is open source software distributed under the terms of the
GNU General Public License (GPL).
If you like MUIbase and would like to support it then you are welcome to
make a donation. Please visit https://sourceforge.net/projects/muibase
for more information.
MUIbase is a fast and flexible database system. It is targeted for
advanced desktop users who want to manage data in a comfortable and
powerful way. MUIbase is able to manage any kind of data, e.g. addresses,
music collections, movies, photos, your family tree, your income and
expense, and much more. The power of MUIbase lies in its graphical user
interface and its programming capabilities. Programming MUIbase allows
you to process data in various ways, e.g. automatic calculations upon
user input, generation of reports, import and export of data, etc.
For example MUIbase can be used for calculating the total amount of income,
or to automatically create and print serial letters to your customers.
MUIbase offers the following features:
* Graphical user interface for defining the database schema and the graphical
layout for entering and browing data.
* Admin and user modes.
* Shared access to a project from multiple instances of MUIbase running on
the same or different computers.
* Fields can be of type string, memo (multi line text), integer, real,
date, time, Boolean, choice (one item out of many items), reference
(easy way to reference a record of another table), button (for
starting MUIbase programs), and virtual (compute value on the fly).
* The string type can also manage lists of strings, files, and fonts.
A string can refer to an external image which is displayed in the
graphical user interface.
* Programmability. With the easy and powerful MUIbase programming
language complex tasks can be implemented. The language also
includes a SELECT-FROM-WHERE query for easy and fast data retrieval.
* Ordering of records by any combinations of fields.
* Query editor which allows entering and managing of SELECT-FROM-WHERE
queries. The queries can be saved and the results can be printed.
* Optional logging of changes (adding, deleting and changing of records)
into a system log table.
* SQLite3 file format, and import and export facility.
* Full documentation including user and programming manual in HTML
* Operating system independence. MUIbase is available for Windows, Mac,
Linux and Amiga. The source code of MUIbase is also available as part
of a Source Forge project.
New features since V4.3
o Date fields can have an optional calendar pop-up button for selecting a date
o A virtual list field can optionally control the table from which the list
is generated from in a select-from-where query. This allows to change
the currently displayed record in the table according to the selected row
in the list.
o When a virtual list field is printed or exported to PDF, multi-line entries
in the list are now supported correctly.
o MUIbase project files can now be opened directly with a double click on
o Several bug fixes.
Steffen Gutmann, 06.11.2021